Sony Announce First Blu-Ray Movies

Well, Microsoft and Sony both want a home entertainment center, not just a video game console. I'd prefer just a video game console, although I do appreciate DVD playback.

MS is atleast advertising the Xbox 360 as a gaming machine. Equiped with hardware that the gaming machine should have.

Though I like Sony better, the hole Cell processor thing is still confusing me as is the lack of any kind of news on the PS3... No new PS3 info at CES 2006 aparently as well, are they really gonna wait until E3 and still release the PS3 by the Spring? I wonder... >.>

They WANT to aim for 06 of this spring, but devs are complaining about their lackluster dev kits and Sony support for them, also they claim it isn't as powerful as they truely say because Sony can't put up the latest revisions of Cell into their PS3 in time.

They WANT to aim for 06 of this spring, but devs are complaining about their lackluster dev kits and Sony support for them, also they claim it isn't as powerful as they truely say because Sony can't put up the latest revisions of Cell into their PS3 in time.

Do you have a link for this information K'?

I would really like to read more about it.

Do you have a link for this information K'?

I would really like to read more about it.

It was reported on Joystiq a month or two back. As usual, I keep such information to my self because it surfaces onto other forums I visit anyways.