Silent Hill Trailer

How do you think pyramid head will come into this movie? I jumped back when I saw the small glimpse of him in the trailer.

Well, in SH2, it represented James' inner sexual desires (see it raping one of those manniquins :clapping: ) and violent tendencies (trying to kill everyone, specifically you).

In the movie it will either represent the lead character's;

A) Violent Desires or B ) Some other primal force.

Edited by K`dash

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think pyramid head will come into this movie? I jumped back when I saw the small glimpse of him in the trailer.

Well, in SH2, it represented James' inner sexual desires (see it raping one of those manniquins :clapping: ) and violent tendencies (trying to kill everyone, specifically you).

In the movie it will either represent the lead character's;

A) Violent Desires or B ) Some other primal force.

...I believe the character of James Sunderland is also in the movie :roll1:

but honestly, I never thought of pyramid head that way. Interesting

Yeah, there was this big, non-IQ dropping discussion about SH2's themes a while back on Gamefaqs. Pyramid Head is supposedly James' inner desires manifesting it self into some sort of horror.

Of course, theres meen numerious disucssions into what themes are in each game. All however, have the basis of personal, personaified purgatory, in which your horrors and regets take shape because of your lack of innocense (Example: That little girl in one of the SH games that isn't Harry's daughter, she hasn't been tainted yet, which in this case, her innocense - because she is still only a child and thus appears normal and un-aware of Silent Hill's montrousities and dense fog).

Silent Hills have always been about players finding the underlying analysis of why the main character experiences the sight and sounds of Silent Hill the way he/she does. A person's motives, inner self etc. (James' sexual frustrations, Heather's past, Valtiel, Pyramid Head, The Otherworld, Eddie's mania etc. etc.) + the inner purgatory motif that the town brings forth are referred to in each game numerous times as the story progresses.

Not a lot of players realize the deeper psychological aspects of the games, and just treat them as survival horror games with flocked up plots that all have one thing in common - namely the town of Silent Hill.

To make it fairly simple, Silent Hill personifies each individual's dark secrets, fears and whatnot, and disfigures them.

Omg, listening to the sh main theme, reminds me of the first game, maybe I should re-play it ?

I haven't even properly started playing SH1 yet. I still need to finish SH4.