xbox mugen via linux

Inky

interesting news from http://www.xbox-scene.com

XMugen-linux is not an xbox port of mugen, it's a mini linux distro reduced to it's minimum in order to launch mugen on Xbox.

BEWARE: it's a early BETA version which has not been tested a lot.

It's a new "concept" for games that can't be ported (because no public source code).

You could expect this to be easier than a port, but there were some parts that take time (finding on which teminal mugen works, making the pad emulate a keyboard, shrinking linux to it's minimum,...)

2 joysticks should be supported.

If you want to add things into mugen, just go to one of the many web pages you will find on internet (make sure the linux version of mugen is compatibility with these addons).

To do:

* Add a proper reboot when exit mugen (partition are not unmounted in current version of Xmugen-linux!)

* use the real joy2key instead of my ugly hack!

I hear it is available at the usual places. (xbins) gonna try it out tomarrow maybe.

heres the link to the xbox scene forum thread

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=483379&st=0

maybe someone wants to slap this up as news.

damnit I forgot I haven't been able to get into xbins for over a year. I never did figure out why. oh well I guess I'll have to wait untill it turns up on a torrent site or something.....

got my hands on teh thing, trying to find some characters and stages now. the mugen scene is so flocked up. everything is all over the place. broken links galore.

edit: slapped the barebones mugen on and it works pretty good.

haven't been able to get any characters or stages going yet.

Edited by garageink