NEED HELP!

xantennax

k well when i try and use master geese, mugen crashes rofl. iono its sumthin bout p1 so pallete issue maybe?

k and other thing my stages wont werk dunno why

[ExtraStages]

;Put extra stages here. They will be available in VS and Watch modes.

;For example, you can insert "stages/mybg.def".

stages/kfm.def

stages/

stages/

stages/

stages/

theres the stuff in the select.def

pls hELP!

most liekly your char needs to be converted. You can get a convert easily. However if the error points to the problem in the char's sff then you can fix yourself. If you can, can you tell me wat the erro says unless some1 already knows wat exactly are you talking about kid!

hope it ooks like this:

geese, stages/cave.def

You could use proper english, and maybe people would be more willing to help you. Just saying.

In anyt case, have you searched the forum for similar posts. Please do that so you'll know that a similar problem hasn't been posted before.

• 5 months later...

That's just wrong. Anyways I will help you. The problem is either three things:

A: You got a missing .snd file in your character folder, or

B: You have the .snd file name, and the .def name not consistently spelled correctly, or

C: You have the wrong directory location setup for you .snd name.

First check the chars folder and see if you have a snd file. If you don't then you must have problem A. Find out where you downloaded that character file, and check the zip or rar file for the .snd file, then put it in the character folder.

Now if you have the .snd file, and still having the problem, then you must have the spelling of both calling name and actual file name not spelled the same, hence problem b. To fix, check the name of the .snd file, and locate the .snd name within the .def file. They should match in spelling. This means that if you have ryu.snd, then the name within the .def file should say ryu.snd after the equals sign.

ie: "sound = ryu.snd" (file name will be ryu.snd (see the relation))

If the names are the same, and you are still getting the problem, then make sure that the .snd name within the .def file states "sound = <charactername>.snd", and not something like "sound = sound/<charactername>.snd". Some people put the .snd file within the sound folder, and it may seem a little neater, but it is not worth it.

If you still get the problem then do what I do, and that is delete the "sound = <charactername>.snd" from the .def file. You just won't have any character sound, but it will definitely work now. You just have to relocate that character .snd file for now.