Cannibal Holocaust

Lucandrake

Has anyone seen this movie? My friend told me it was bloody as hell, so right now I'm "buying" it. Really is this any good?

Yes, I've seen it. It's truly a cult movie. The amount of gore and shocking imaginery is hard to top, if you ask me. The director was put on trial several times during production, and he needed to assure the court that the gore in the movie wasn't real.

Needless to say, the movie is extremely graphic and disturbing. If you intend to watch it, watch it before lunch. Seriously.

I love italian flicks, especially zombie and cannibal movies. Cannibal Holocaust is definitely the "best" of the bunch. It's very disturbing though, and there is some real life animal killing in the movie.

I love italian flicks, especially zombie and cannibal movies.  Cannibal Holocaust is definitely the "best" of the bunch.  It's very disturbing though, and there is some real life animal killing in the movie.

Didn't Agozer just say that the director assured the court that the gore in the movie wasn't real? :peopleseybrow:

Yes, apart from that animal killing, which is as real as it gets.

I stoped watching right after the turtle scene... even though... I realize that, in this day, we still do that. We just don't see the killings.

Edit: Aside from the fact that I almost threw up about 3-4 times, this movie was ok It makes all of humanity seem uncivil.

Edited by Drake