In need of a new case

Okay so i need a new case for my PC, and i really like this one, it seems to have everything i need.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...1994&CatId=1844

But i have a few questions...

1st one is, Right now im using one of those "micro" cases or w/e, so i think my mobo may be smaller than usual, i dont have any of my old mobos around to compare it to, so im not sure.

2nd one is, i have the front USB ports in my case right now, How do i go about hooking that up in the new case? Ive never installed that myself before, do the front USB ports come with the case? or do i have to rip my old ones out of my old case? I see the plug on my mobo where the front USB ports are plugged in, so im guessing it comes with the new case.

and is there anything else i should know about changing my case? ive only done this once before for a friend and it was pretty easy. but i dont have any experience with these garbage micro cases (never buy one they are such a pain in the ass, i have to take the plates off all my PCI cards so they will fit, some things wont fit at all.)

#1: Any case worth a crap will support Full ATX or Micro ATX. Check the specs. (If you had read them,, they say so :banghead: )

#2: The ports come with the case. Your motherboard needs a header on it. Simply hook up the ports to the header with (should be) provided cable.

As for anything you should know......

If the case comes with screws for the motherboard, use them, don't use the ones from the other case. They provide screws for a reason, and they could be slightly different in thread count for instance.

Secondly, pull EVERYTHING out of the motherboard save the CPU. Don't leave RAM in when changing out. I say this because you never know what might happen. You don't want to be bumping the sticks of RAM as you put the motherboard in the new case.

Very unlikely anything will happen that you'd break something, but better safe then sorry.

Oh and while you have the motherboard out, blow the $hit out of it with some dusting gas. Clean it up real good while you have such an easy opportunity.

ahh okay, thank you very much then :banghead:, i was looking around inside my case and everything looks like it should go very easily!

I also need to replace my processor fan (it is very loud, and i kind of broke it but kind of fixed it? Hard to explain, thats just a standard one size fits all type of deal right? as long as i select the right socket type i mean.)

That 2nd one looks good except for the weird-looking front.

Here's a picture of my case:

Careless_plus-view.jpg

It should cost you just over $100.

Antec Plusview II with 10 drive bays.

Those are practically the cases Alienware used to use before they adopted their own custom designs.

Best cases are either Antec Sonata II or Antec P180. The P180 is a tad expensive and doesn't come with a power supply so that makes it even more expensive.

TBH, LanLi's are pretty good too. Not their stock ones, but their pre-modded ones are very good, and alumninimumum!

I'm unimpressed by all the "high end" case manufacturers designs, not to mention their prices. I'd much rather fab my own aluminum case in that regard.

Theres nothing special about any Antec or Lian Li's cases that warrants their retarded prices.

I agree, Im only paying 55 dollars, and i get a 400w power supply

i can easily cut a window if i want one. Antecs are nice, but they are also expensive for what they are.

I do like that aspire case though, the other one is kinda weird looking, i dont want my pc to look like its going to eat me lol