Monkey64 v1.0 released

Robert

Monkey 64 is a N64 emulator for the PSP.

Monkey 64 v1.0 - First Release

Posted on Fri 10 Mar 2006, 7:49 PM

Well sorry I am late but here is the much promised first release of monkey64. I was hoping for better at the last min but it still passed my expectations for a first build.

Few things to note.

.) While Rsp & Rdp emulation is started it is far from complete. As well there are still numerious issues in the main cpu core. I plan to fix things as soon as I can get to them.

.) This wont run mario64 or 99% of the n64 library. Some roms are starting to do things with Mortal Kombat Trilogy actually being playable (to some extent).

.) I know there are odd looking color squares when running some commercial roms (like mortal kombat). The reason is because I have not completed texture support in rdp. I am hoping to get a revision out asap once this is fixed.

.) The emulator is slow. Some PD roms do a pretty nice framerate but games like mortal kombat do about 5fps. This is due to the emulator still being on a pure interpreter core. In good time I will build a dynamic recompiler so we can get some more playable framerates.

.) The app is in user mode. So it is quite possible this works on 2.0+ psp units. I just sadly dont have the time to check.

Well that is it. Do enjoy. The zip contains a few favorite PD roms. Pong by Oman is a must play imo. Also if you're all currious what mortal kombat trillogy looks like in game. Please see attached screenshot on forums.

PS. Mortal Kombat Trillogy [!] dump wont work. [b1] dump runs just fine. When you see the second screen, press start as it's just warning you that there is only 1 controller plugged in.

-- EDIT --

Hey guys. Sorry I forgot to mention. The screen flickering is because its not doing double buffering on the psp. It's just directly rendering to the display screen. I was trying to fix this at lunch but ran into problems so I gave up since I wanted to push the build out asap. I'll have it fixed for the v1.1 build.

>> Get the binary at the official thread HERE