Haze WIP [22-Apr]

Robert

Surprise External Submissions…

It’s always nice when something from outside the development team is submitted when you’re least expecting it, especially when the submission is of a good quality and is something we’ve considered to be very difficult to work on.

Tonight that’s exactly what happened, ElSemi passed along some code to me from a contributor in China (Sorry, I don’t have any more details than this, If he wishes to be credited I’ll edit the post)

The code was to simulate the protection in the PGM game “Puzzle Star”, another one of the Mysterious PGM games which never appeared on the IGS site when most of the other titles were up. It’s a puzzle game, very similar to Mang-Chi which was emulated a few days ago but with some extra twists (involving the stars, combos, and ‘promotions’). There may be one or two problems with the simulation, but for the most part it seems to work correctly.

I’ve uploaded some resized screenshots you can see below so people can get a good idea of what this PGM cart looks like should they wish to buy it.

Please note, once again this is _not_ my WIP, I’m just commenting on a very impressive external submission. Its easy to be critical of low quality external submissions, or people not being willing to fix things, but always very pleasing to see quality external submissions like this one.

>> Click HERE for pictures.