Ultramame 1.8 released

Robert

Front End

New features in 1.8 (10/3/2006)

* Now automatically generates it's own game information file. If you update MAME, you must delete the "listinfo.dat" file so it can be regenerated.

* It will now play MP3 files in the background. I use the "Arcade Ambience" files you can find around on the net to add a nice effect. You can modify the INI file to turn this off (or not) when a game is selected. The default is to silence it.

* The AVI feature is in and working. It requires VFW codecs, which are gettting long in the tooth at this point. I may add DirectShow filter ability to it at some point, but I don't use this feature so it's way down the list. :banghead:

Todo:

* Fix the rotation routines. (Sorry Mike!) I know this was originally designed for Mike's cocktail MAME machine, but I just need to sit down and fix the screen placement math for the other rotations.

* The new control keys (random, sort, change photo, and scroll +/- 100) aren't remappable in the .ini file. I will fix this soon.

Known bugs:

* There are probably bugs in the onscreen menu if you enable that feature in the INI. I haven't troubleshot this feature much because I don't use it in my cabinet. My children seem to screw up the frontend good when it's enabled!

>> Get it HERE.

Thanks to Mameworld for the headsup.