I'm going crazy...

But what I really mean is, since MVS romsets contain AES mode that means they're not perfect MVS dumps, right? I read somewhere a long time ago that MVS romsets should not contain AES mode.

No it does not mean there not perfect roms, Most of the code depends on the bios ( MVS bios, AES bios )

If I put a AES bios in my MVS unit the game should run in AES mide .

Some people have the uni-bios in there MVS and it makes the games work in AES mode on there real hardware .

Games ripped from arcade boards that weren't Neo-Geo MVS boards. I know that at least SNK Vs. Capcom: Chaos, King of Fighters 2003 and samurai Shodown V Special have PCB dumps. They are always in japanese, and you can't change the region like you can with the MVS games.

AFAIK anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
what do you mean PCB dumps? games ripped from the cabinet board?

Normal MVS games are on carts like NES or N64, but some more recent (Metal Slug 5, SVC, and KOF2003 only afaik) are on single pcb boards. They're basically the MVS machine + cartridge on one board.

Games ripped from arcade boards that weren't Neo-Geo MVS boards. I know that at least SNK Vs. Capcom: Chaos, King of Fighters 2003

Dumped is the word, not ripped.

samurai Shodown V Special

Nope. MVS, AES, AES revision.

They are always in japanese, and you can't change the region like you can with the MVS games.

Also no. You can certainly change the region as easily as the mvs (replace the bios).

It's much easier to just go into the setup menu (of the bios) and change the language.

And every game I know of for Neo-Geo has AES mode code in them. Some of them need a small hack of the program to enable it. Some games have an incomplete/buggy AES mode kof2001 (set 1) and Riding Hero, for example.