NES on PS3 (via Linux)

Gryph

ccould be fake but it gives u the option of installing another os right from the xross bar menu, sony may be too busy with launch crap to care what hackers do to the machine for now, cuz with the open platform there is lots of stuff to do with it. i dont see playing bootlegs for a while till blu ray disc get affordable to copy. i plan on upgradining my hard drive next week.

im looking for a nice size drive to put in mine then im gonna put linux and attempt a windows install too

Just heed the warnings out there, and keep in mind theres no performance gain between a 5400RPM drive and a 7200RPM drive, so stick with a 5400 for less heat. Also don't go too big, the more platters.......the more heat. Stylus has to move around alot more between more platters.

How you gonna install Windows? Windows doesn't support PPC CPUs, period.

I can see alot more things running on here too, an SNES emulator totally feasible in software too. As of yet, you're not gonna have hardware acceleration capability with the video hardware, but the PS3 is powerful enough to drive an SNES emulator completely in software at fullspeed.

Windows will be impossible to install unless M$ suddenly rewrote it for PowerPC cores.

Specific linux builds on the other hand that support PowerPC... Guess where that's going.

considering that the only reason I still have my psp is because it's a 1.5.

Upgrade to 2.71 SE-B!! (It can run 2.80+ UMD ISOs :P )

Anyway, now I'm also starting to want a PS3. Then I could rub it in my friend's face that my PS3 can play NES games, just like his Wii, and unlike his 360! :banghead:

Having thought it over, it's not really worth it, it's just "cool". Either way, I rather spend $600 pimping out my 360 and getting all the cool new games this christmas, then buying a system I know I will not be able to do anything with for a while.