Halo 3 Multiplayer beta

Gryph

Well i'm in it with the crackdown thing. But as you may have heard they screwed up the release of the beta (SURPRISE! No way i was expecting any screwups from MS this time!)

I heard it didnt go online for crackdown users untill late last night, ill try to get it later today when i get home.

Okay well i got the Beta, Coming from someone who doesnt like halo 2 very much (although i loved the first one) my brief first impressions are that it seems like they improved upon alot of things from Halo 2, and so far it seems better, but its nothing mind blowing or amazing, i doubt ill be a regular player or anything.

I've played a few rounds here and there and it seems that they did improve the multiplayer a bit with some minor touches. New weapons are pretty cool and most of the action is fluid and hectic at the same time. Graphics are alright but I didn't pay much attention to the detail as I was too busy trying to blast other people.

Rumour Mill

A Halo modding community has accidentally made various hidden game files public, found by retrieving hidden data in the Halo 3 Beta code. They reveal new weapons, vehicles and equipment and also suggest new modes and rankings for the full single and multiplayer game.

Before we go any further, a warning: the following are in no way official or confirmed features of Halo 3, but they do appear in the Halo 3 Beta code in some form too complicated for us to comprehend or explain. We're just the messenger.

New equipment:

Instacover

Smoke (suggested this might be a smoke grenade?)

Jammer

New vehicles:

Chopper

Pelican

Shadow

New weapons:

Flamethrower

Claymore Grenade

New mode:

Infection (described as "Destroy the Flood or become infected. Score points for killing flood or big points for infecting a human. The player with the most points wins."

New rankings:

The highest rankings are now Killpocalypse and Killionaire, instead of Double Kill and Triple Kill.

A reference to a map editor has also been found, a returning feature from Halo 2.

The information has since been removed from the forum in question.