GameEx weekly update

Robert

Front End

14th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.46

* For registered users - live online MAME game lists, GameEx most played, and MAWS hall of fame

* Is it about time you internet enabled your cab?

13th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.40

* Cosmetic fix to menu transitions

* This fix makes things look 10 times smoother when selecting menu items

* I always thought it was because of slowdown in GameEx but not all.

* Improvements to frameskipping. Will now skip up to 20 frames, which is how I discovered the above

13th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.39

* Frees up more memory before launching

* Could fix a few performance and memory problems when launching games on lower spec systems

13th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.37

* Added recent new settings to setup wizard

* New setting to tell GameEx not to reduce CPU usage, if you want full FPS as often as possible

12th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.34

* New MAME Not Played list, listing all the games you have not played in GameEx

* Think its another first.

12th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.33

* Even less CPU utilization

12th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.32

* GameEx now has accurate frame skipping (as opposed to not accurate), and now automatically reduces cpu utilisation based on ticks per frame and refresh rate

* The reduce cpu utilisation setting has been removed from the configuration since its now automatic

* If you really need this setting back, let me know

* Also let me know what kind of CPU utilisation your getting, its on the gentle side to keep the fps up but DO let me know if you get any slowdowns.

12th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.28

* Music track details in taskbar now scrolls

* New features to specify a different folder of music to play while browsing different emulators

* Taskbar stays visible when mouse is over it, so you can see track details (V1 Themes)

* If GameEx cannot play a background video (normally due to missing codecs) it will now not error and display the image instead

* Fixes rom name instead of game name showing on info page when using a map file

* No more command/dos windows are shown.. Ever.. Headkaze will be cracking a beer open!

* Improved startup of MAME and in screensaver also

* Improved bypass disclaimer, will only send keys when it needs to.

* Ambience MP3 will stop (for good) when loading the jukebox

* Possible to exit from MAME game in screensaver almost immediately after its started

* If the jukebox is disabled and your using a playlist folder or file, gameex will retrieve the tags for each track now

* If using a low res aracdeVGA resolution, the control panel will now be completely visible when launching a MAME game.

* After exiting an emulator, the current audio track will be resumed exactly from where it was rather than playing the next track

9th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.27

* New low resolution Ultimarc ArcadeVGA theme included, with suitable settings for running at 640x288 out of the box

* New theme included 'Media Center - Background'

* Various small startup errors fixed thanks to error reporting

* Minor cosmetic fixes

* Fixes to snaps not showing when switching between certain themes

7th July, 2007 - GameEx 8.24

* Improvements to error reporting. Better support when internet access is not available or has limited connectivity.

* In the case there is an error playing a startup video, GameEx will now still continue

Changelog / Download 8.47