Ultramame 1.9 released

Robert

Front End

At some point in the past with a version of MAME that added the VIPER BIOS games, a bug exposed itself with regard to parsing the game list file.

New features since Mike's version:

* Nearly complete rewrite of the interface elements, rom detection, graphic searching/loading.

* UltraMame now plays AVIs of attract modes (or anything you want) in the ImageBrowser mode.

* Random select. Press a predesignated button and you get a random game choice. (I need this to choose a game, personally)

* Change sort order. Press a predesignated button and you can sort the games by year of release (it's fun to scroll back to 1975 and play through history), manufacturer (so you could play all the Namco games in order), and of course by title. It subsorts each of these also, so if you're in 'year' mode it also sorts by manufacturer, then title, etc.

* I had to rewrite the file search algorithms as they did't work with either MinGW or Windows XP, not sure which.

* I added more sound effects. You can make sounds play when the selection is moved now, as well as a couple others I forgot.

>> Get it HERE.