emulation or the real deal.

fumanchu

is most of your gaming time just now made up of playing emulated games or do you mostly play your ps2,360,ps3 or pc games.

i find myself playing emulation mostly,dunno why i just cant get enough of the arcade games just now.havent looked at my ps2,dc,gamecube or any other machine for months.

if you are playing any emulated games just now list em.

currently getting my ass kicked on sfa3,streetfighter3 3s,super contra and raiden fighters2(2000).

Are you by any chance new to emulation?

Back when I got into all this in 2003ish I used to spend more time with emulation. But nowadays Ive played SFA3 and Wonder Boy in Monster Land to death and need new games. Eventually that seemingly endless sea of retro games will dry up. At that time, you'll go back to real games.

Used to emulate everything. Now it seems I only emulate arcade games which is mainly the fighting games: LB2, Garou, SF3s, KOF, etc.

Otherwise, I'm playing games on my GBA, genesis, etc. Pretty much because you're in a comfortable position when you're playing rather than sitting in a chair. (My chair isn't that comfortable)

Are you by any chance new to emulation?

Back when I got into all this in 2003ish I used to spend more time with emulation. But nowadays Ive played SFA3 and Wonder Boy in Monster Land to death and need new games. Eventually that seemingly endless sea of retro games will dry up. At that time, you'll go back to real games.

no not at all bk ive been into emulation on and off for the past seven years,its just that ive always preffered playing the arcade games mostly,ive got the full romset for xbox mame about 5000 roms give or take,so i think its gonna be awhile before they dry up. :(

I don't make silly distinctions like that. "real games" and and emulated games are still all the same, games, great or lame, hard or easy, fun or retarded, it's all the same. I just finished Legacy of Kain: Defiance and now I was playing CVS2 on nullDC. It's all the same really.

I don't make silly distinctions like that. "real games" and and emulated games are still all the same, games, great or lame, hard or easy, fun or retarded, it's all the same. I just finished Legacy of Kain: Defiance and now I was playing CVS2 on nullDC. It's all the same really.

theres nothing siily about it.

theres nothing siily about it.

course there is. gaming is only differentiated by people, not ways of play...

I can't find older consoles anymore and I never owned any consoles when I was a kid. Well, I did have a Gameboy, but that's it. I bought a PSX the same day FFVIII came out in Europe, with my own money.

So, I emulate because of these reasons, and because I live in Europe. We never got any of the good games, and we're still playing the third fiddle in everything game related. Unless it's EA's annual sports update or something of that sort.

I can't find older consoles anymore and I never owned any consoles when I was a kid. Well, I did have a Gameboy, but that's it. I bought a PSX the same day FFVIII came out in Europe, with my own money.

So, I emulate because of these reasons, and because I live in Europe. We never got any of the good games, and we're still playing the third fiddle in everything game related. Unless it's EA's annual sports update or something of that sort.

I have his exact same situation, and I was born in Romania, which used to make things even worse...

i guess the main distinction between emulation and what they call real games is that games you usually play on emulators are either old or designed with the good old 2D I know that there are also emulated 3D games, but usually you play the 2D ones.

I haven't played many videogames in the last 3 years, the last games I kept playing until I finished were KOTOR II and FEAR but I finished them in a 1-2 weeks, I would ocassionally play KOF 96 and sometimes when I visit some friends of mine I play PRO Evolution Soccer for a while but I usually prefer being somewhere else enjoying the sunshine or the bars if it is night