CD/DVD Burning/ Lasers

I have come here to ask a question about lasers. Now to my understanding, lasers will most likely wear and tear depending on the media you use on them. Note that I am talking about every CD/DVD game system since the Playstation 1. The best media to use for each console is the media used for each retail games. Now if somehow people got a hold of blank media that each video game system's company used for each game they could be ran perfectly. Of course that won't happen anytime soon. I am thinking that the stronger the laser the more media it can run without extra effort (wear & tear). And I have also noticed that the Sega Dreamcast has a significantly weak laser that wears out while using backups or even trying to run scratched disks.

Does the Xbox have a stronger laser than the PS2?

And does the PS2 Slimline have a better laser than the Fat PS2?

The Xbox definitely has a stronger laser than the PS2. The PS2's laser is so cheap that its even worse than the Dreamcast's as far as I can tell.

And the Slimline has a faster read drive in it, but it wears out a lot faster than the fat used to (if that is even possible).