hmmm. anyone know megadrive to usb converter?

Inky

I was just thinking how much I love saturn pads. but official mkII pads are getting hard to find. and the converter is a good chunk of change too. a megadrive 6 button pad is basically the same thing minus the shoulder buttons... I don't remember if the pinout was the same. anyone know of any usb converter that works with megadrive/genesis pads?

as a second thought anyone ever try one of these Ps2 pads

s24032_ps2_3.jpg

I remember wanting to get one but never did....

Those SF pads for the PS2 are alright... nothing more that that. The buttons are fun but the shoulders are awkward and the D-pad isn't that great...

I suggest you get the official Saturn Control Pad for PS2 or for PC. They are exact replicas of the original Saturn pad and are great controllers all round. There's the PC USB version and the PS2 one, which should be easy to find converters for.

I personally own the Darkstalkers branded purple one for the PS2 and its fantastic. They are all listed as Out of Print on Play-Asia right now but occasionally they come back into stock for a few days / hours. If you're lucky you might spot on there- I got lucky like that a few months back. And then there's always eBay...

I do believe a Megadrive pad can be hooked directly to ones serial port. You just need the right software.

I might be wrong though, and if I am there are plenty of ways to build a cheap interface, and I would recommend a 9 pin serial to 15 pin convertor (Provided you have an LPT port, I don't anymore so I can't use my homemade SNES adapter)

yeah I am on a laptop with no connections other then usb and firewire. If I could get my hands on one of those pc saturn pads that would be great. a search of ebay returned no joy....

those SF pads are pretty cheap on ebay and psx to usb adapters are cheap so I may just give that a try.