Free Music Thread

Wizard

Legit stuff only. Which may come in the form of;

Free downloadable albums or singles releases (Only exception here would be if they were discontinued being free, such as Radiohead's "In Rainbows" album. Which is now aviable on CD in all major retailers and musical outlets).

Audience Sourced material. Such as concerts from bands that allow recordings overall, or those who are grey about it, such as Radiohead, Bloc Party and Metallica.

Fanclub mail outs, free disc releases that have been ripped.

Archive.org Material

So, I'll kick things off with some Sigur Ros.

Sigur Ros & Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson - Odins's Raven Magic - It's audience recording and thus never officially released. The band themselves and their management have said that a recording of this can be freely distributed as pleased. Live from Barbican Hall in Iceland, 21/04/02.

The Frames live at The Metro. A very good irish band and this is an audience recording. The band has no official stance on fan recordings, but have been very low key about it and they don't outright stop it as it garners attention to them, espeically in the U.S. (as they are huge in Ireland).

There are tons of free material on Archive.org and I suggest checking it out. If you got free music (as in, it's legally free). Go crazy and post it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Next post is a torrent file. It's Phish and one of their Halloween series of concerts, this one is Darkside Of the Moon. It was never officially released, nor are there any plans to release it. Phish has been a staple in the AUD recording community by allowing and encourage people to record and share their shows via internet or trade.

This concert is an audience recording and is allowed to be freely distributed. Setlist.

Phish - Dark Side of the Moon

11-02-98 E Centre, West Valley City, UT

Beginning from "Harpua," it then segues into "Speak to Me," ending with "Harpua" followed by the encore with Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

1. > Harpua >

2. Speak To Me

3. Breathe

4. On The Run

5. Time

6. Great Gig In The Sky

7. Money

8. Us and Them

9. Any Colour You Like

10. Brain Damage

11. Eclipse >

12. Harpua >

13. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)

If you liked this recording, I suggest taking a look at Live Phish 13 (The Beatles' White Album), Live Phish 14 (The Who's Quadrophenia), Live Phish 15 (Talking Head's Remain in Light) and Live Phish 16 (The Velvet Underground's Loaded). Great additions to any collector of legendary proformerences that join the ranks of Led Zepplin and The Greatful Dead.