Haze MAME WIP Update!

Alpha

Black Touch 96

Black Touch '96 is a Korean Beat 'em Up game. It dosen't seem to be related to the older 'Black Touch' (which is a hack of Dragon Punch.

My initial impression is that this is actually an original Korean game, rather than a hack. It uses a pretty wacky sprite system where all the sprites are made of strips a tilemap. I haven't quite figured out how it works yet. The text layer tile banking is also wrong.

Sound isn't emulated because the sound chips are driven by a PIC, which is probably read protected.

It of course has obligatory 'Girl between Levels' as found on many Korean games.

hase1vk3.png

In other news, I took a look back at the Kaneko Supernova driver and fixed up the priorities for Cyvern. The Speed took a bit of a nosedive in the process, but it's a stunning game, and looks even better with proper rendering order.

hase2ln1.png

These fixes also bring some missing graphics in Sen Know, Saru-Kani-Hamu-Zou, and Gals Panic S into view. Furthermore I've identified (but not yet fixed) the problem with bad zooming / flicking sprites in Sengeki Striker.

»» More pictures and information