Exercise do you do it or do you Refuse?

emsley

All spring/summer long I have been jogging and going on the weights but now winter is upon us it kinda puts you off.

Do you find time for exercise at all?

I'm starting football training tonight (soccer) Its been years since I pulled on my football boots.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol hey I'm really thin no matter how much I eat I'm lucky if I scrape 11 Stone.

I'm 7.8 stone... and why do you Brits insist on sticking to something as archaic as stone? Plus, don't get me started on the usage of yards and miles. I thought you would have learned to use metrics now like the rest of Europe.

Ok... I'm a Mesomorph and I am just over 220 LBS. / 100 Kg/ or 15 stones. I actually have some fat on me though... but that doesn't mean I'm not mesomorphic. I always look big and somewhat muscular... even though my muscles are sooooooft as hell right now. My thing is I need to primarily focus on speed and endurance... as I do not want to become slow with bulk. I have narrow joints, so that helps with my speed. I notice though... when I watch heavy weight fighters... they run out of steam after the 3rd round. This does NOT include MMA... as those guys are TRUE athletes! But with extra size comes extra energy requirements. This is why I want to focus on endurance.

But I still seem to refuse to exercise. I always come up with something else to do. I need to get jogging. You see, this is Florida... and it never really gets (cold). So now is the perfect time to start jogging. I tell you what. This is a fantastic addition to any work out, a punching bag. I tell you what, if you can get access to one, get on it. If you have a house, make a place to hang one. It is a major workout, I at one point was punching it for about 3 hours at a time. I suggest learning how to throw punches and kicks though... as if you are doing it properly, you not only drill the right way to do it, but you get a more extensive workout... I see alot of people hitting it like a sissy. You got to get behind every punch. It's like snapping a chain. Just as Bruce Lee described it... your weight shifts in the legs, immediately after that, your hip twists, then your upper torso continues the rotation, then your arms extend, then your hands tighten. It is exactly like a chain whipping. Once it connects... you can feel the power behind the punch. Of course all these chained movements happen almost simultaneously, I just describe how to achieve the desired effect. I just feel punching on a bag like a wus is no benefit at all.

But yea... I need to get on it. Aki.. I thought you lost significant weight from cinders ideals. Don't you jog an hour a day? If you stopped... you might consider getting back on it. Exercise that is... something, anything. But what can I say... I'm a lazzy ass. Emsley, perhaps you might consider switching your routine. Changing it up might help if it has become monotonous. AND a change in routine will shock your system, and promote further gain, as your muscles are not accustomed to whatever is not the norm. Body building 101.

I was exercising, until I got kicked out of school and basically had to be in class all of spring from 7 a.m till around 10 at night in order to graduate. Then in the summer I just got extremely lazy and now I'm just doing the same thing.

Still, I bought DDR the other day, and I'm thinking about training around that :unsure:. Sound silly but I sweat more on that game in 10 minutes then I do jogging in for 20. On a plus side, I enjoy it.

Yeah body shock. Just got back from football and only did twenty minutes hard training I forgot how hard it is.

Its like the difficulty setting on call of duty :

Easy (female organ)

Regular (you wil be tested)

Recruit (It will hurt )

Vetran (Pain)

Mostly exercise is mind over matter mental toughnes is essential as the body will do what the mind tells it to.

Exercise should be enjoyed!!!!!!! It should never hurt.

Would love to get a punch bag though I bet after twenty minutes your walking round punching crap lol.

Well I tell you what... It was real addictive! Lol shadow boxing... yea. But I don't hit things like I used to... not after I got mad, and got a boxers fracture.

Well I remember sweating my ass off. Sweat stinging my eyes, totally drenched. Well, the endorphins... I felt amazing. Wish I had a house... All I can do is find a nearby gym.