Know whats funny?

This is what I'm thinking. Emulation... in this case, has passed it's apex. Everything is out... and then some, and the DEMAND for the cool new programs arent like they used to. Any question is likely covered in our threads. All one needs to do is run google.

Also, when we had more active members... there was more material to comment on or what have you. It's kinda hard for me to comment on more than 3-4 threads a day now. I don't remember the last time I saw my posts over 30 in a day.

I see Gamefaq always has alot of activity, but that is like a staple. Who here does NOT go to game faq, so therefore, that site just plain has alot of hits. A numbers game.

I'm sure this is all obvious.. and I don't have need to explain this all...

but

What would it take to flip it back. It would take people to actually be interested it threads... Which means more demand of posters... which depends on threads... a catch 22? Is that the right reference?

So your saying all of this is common... That it's not just us...

Edited by Belthasar

Well you and I are no stranger to the different threads we have. Sh!t... my posts are 66% in the lounge. Perhaps for getting new members, I see the point. But how else could you get attention, other that changing the name of the site... whaich Id not do if it were up to me. I know you were just sayin'... but I was just putting my 2 cents in on that one.

Unless someone out there emulated SFIV, Tekken 6 or Atomiswave, i don't see an emulation revival. Heck, even CPSIII emu didn't generate much interest like Neo-Geo use to.

Unless someone out there emulated SFIV, Tekken 6 or Atomiswave, i don't see an emulation revival. Heck, even CPSIII emu didn't generate much interest like Neo-Geo use to.

Even that would only be temporary. The whole CPS3 thing just seemed to fly by. Modern emulators are progressing nicely but are still out of the reach of most people as they require too much CPU power. Not to mention that they are still glitchy/no sound for the most part. Plus these emus already have their own dedicated forums anyway, something which never really happened before.

If people are saying emulation has passed it's apex then why continue flogging a dead horse? Why not change the name of the site and broaden the scope? If emulation is 'dying' then surely 1emulation will/is slowly dying with it?

The smash bro's thing might help ^.^.

I can see why GC wanted to team up with dolphin o.0.

Bleh, this sucks, no matter the plan for reviving 1Emu, it's always up to GC, post idea's dood!