Bethesda Announce ''Fallout: New Vegas''

Skythe

Showing off its third-party lineup today in London, Bethesda dropped a bit of a bombshell on a title coming from the publisher: Fallout: New Vegas. This is not add-on content for the current Fallout 3, it is not a sequel (hence the lack of a number) and it won't be losing the feel of Fallout (like Fallout Tactics did), but instead a new RPG in the same vein as Fallout 3 will be coming sometime next year.

Bethesda will be handing the developing reigns off to Obsidian Entertainment (Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights II, Alpha Protocol) so the series will be in safe hands. Obsidian is home to many ex-Interplay employees (the company responsible for the first two Fallout games), making the transition that much smoother.

No trailer, artwork, plot or pretty much any other details were released, but stay tuned.

Fuk to the yes!

Isn't Bethesda also arguing with Interplay about the rights to create a Fallout MMORPG?

Oblivion + future technologies + massively multiplayer... hoorah (sarcasm)

Yes, but this, is better. Because maybe we'll actually get a game with good, not so cheesy writing.

Could be good... not likely bad...

Oblivion + future technologies + massively multiplayer... hoorah (sarcasm)

Well if it held just a tad more feel from the originals... yes a mmorpg would be awesome... I , think that would be cool.

Well whatever the case, I just hope they dont drop the ball. I like Fallout 3, and practically loathe Oblivion. So just as long as they keep it up, im good. Obsidian is good enough, I hope. They are no Cilicon Knights... But I enjoyed KOTOR II.

They might have changed their priorities, as good as KOTORII was, it was just down right buggy coding wise.

They might have changed their priorities, as good as KOTORII was, it was just down right buggy coding wise.

Hah.. yes it was, I found one for myself... A bug in a bug actually. That portion where you examine the data pad over and over... well I used whatever power, and I was hacking away... well I was gonna die so I said fuk it and kept on. Well my HP bottomed out, but I was still going. So Anyway, I did that portion forever without fear of dieing.

Aaaaany way, I liked their Light Saber customizations. And they also based the game on D&D rolls as well... So as long as there is some simbalance of previous elements, this should turn out very well.