Augmented Shooter

It's a Zombie shooter where you become the helicopter (using a hand held to produce the graphics as well).

The best part? You use Skittles to simulate bombs on the map. The colors are noticeable as well (orange are proximity mines, greens are self-activated).

the whole "augmented reality" thing is very intriguing. the new iphone3g has a few AR apps already. I hope if Nvidia goes forward with this thing they can make it affordable.

Yeah, but it isn't Left4Dead now is it?

Nope, but it's a step in a good direction. While I'm still not tired of twitch games, I would like to see some that have a form of interaction beyond "press A to jump".

That's impressive. A door has now opened :D

Nope, but it's a step in a good direction. While I'm still not tired of twitch games, I would like to see some that have a form of interaction beyond "press A to jump".

I love pressing A to jump.

That's Amazing!!!

:P

Imagine if they made a fatal frame game for it using your own house!

Hmmm thats a good idea!

I was thinking a bit ahead, to lens like sun glasses or whatever, and implementing board games and the like. That will be the next step towards VR.

I remember playing a VR game back in the 90s. It was in the Trocadero Centre in London, which later became Segaworld. The game had you wear a big ass helmet, in this seat with a joystick. In the game you were like a rotating gun platform shooting stuff that came flying at you. It was perfect in principle. You saw the in game world through your eyes, you move your head left, the game world pans left. You used the joytick to aim and shoot. The only thing it didn't have going for it was the graphics. It was really simplistic 3d polygons. But that's what 3d graphics were like back then. People didn't complain at Virtua Racer's crap graphics. They were like, wow, it's 3d. Wooo. I think the only reason VR games like the one I played didn't take off is coz of the whacking great big helmets you had to wear. It's a shame coz VR technology has been around for decades, it just hasn't had the money pumped into it to make it mainstream.