My internet sucketh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the US and most of the world is so far behind on internet technology behind japan.

Well I know we are behind where we are supposed to be. As I said, many areas were supposed to have fiber optic early 21st century. Its just like gas I suppose. Well im looking forward to my 25/25. I couldnt imagine 1 gig. We dont even have computers here that accept that fast-ah info coming in do we? Wow... everything could stream seamlessly... no artifacting. My netflix looses its HD sometimes when I stream at my current connection. It'll be HD... then the signal decreases and it has to re-buffer... then its all sloppy. 1 Gb a second... thats retarded.

the US and most of the world is so far behind on internet technology behind japan.

Well I know we are behind where we are supposed to be. As I said, many areas were supposed to have fiber optic early 21st century. Its just like gas I suppose. Well im looking forward to my 25/25. I couldnt imagine 1 gig. We dont even have computers here that accept that fast-ah info coming in do we? Wow... everything could stream seamlessly... no artifacting. My netflix looses its HD sometimes when I stream at my current connection. It'll be HD... then the signal decreases and it has to re-buffer... then its all sloppy. 1 Gb a second... thats retarded.

lol dont you have gigabit internet ports on your puter i got two of em on mine

775239738.png

Just upgraded my road runner to turbo. They said up to 5mb upload (which I have yet to see).

I'm trying to start hosting a private RO server but I don't think this upstream will cut it. :D And damn fiber optic isn't available in my area grr.

Oh I stand corrected

775239738.png

Just upgraded my road runner to turbo. They said up to 5mb upload (which I have yet to see).

I'm trying to start hosting a private RO server but I don't think this upstream will cut it. :D And damn fiber optic isn't available in my area grr.

I thought you lived in Korea or something... perhaps Im thinking of someone else. Are... you Korean at least? LOL

Well Hmm. Your supposed to have 25/5? If that is so, its weird how I only loose a tiny bit of upload speed but a ton of DL

776145946.png

Anyway I'll be happy when this bullshit service is gone.

LOL I wondered the same thing! So whats the word on your internet? Is you mom gonna agree? Perhaps not having a job atm wont help her say yes though...

I rated Cox (ISP) at 1 star but I see the average is high. Perhaps their service is better elsewhere but other people suck, this IS certain. Im sure they dont know wtf is good. {country accent} "I get google real quick like" (spit) I know for certain we have an average loss of over 50% of or DL speed. Fuck that.

Oh I stand corrected

775239738.png

I thought you lived in Korea or something... perhaps Im thinking of someone else. Are... you Korean at least? LOL

Well Hmm. Your supposed to have 25/5? If that is so, its weird how I only loose a tiny bit of upload speed but a ton of DL

776145946.png

Anyway I'll be happy when this bullshit service is gone.

Yeah i'm Korean, born in America though. Late at night the other day I got up to 30mbps but upstream has yet to change.

Yeah i'm Korean, born in America though. Late at night the other day I got up to 30mbps but upstream has yet to change.

Ahh, see I remember things that are obscure.

Whats your package? This has gotten to 17 Mbps once... once.

Im gonna ask around with guys who download torrents from UK and see which one is the least strict.

The rumours of deep packet inspection are supposed to be very real.

Once I know which provider I want I have to get my phone line re-checked that should only be 30 pound to re-ignite it.

But some providers include the line rental in with their package.

I basicly want the best deal with performance, and the least fascist like provider.

When I find that Ill get my mother in a head lock and throw money at her (this has to be timed while she is waiting for her monthly pay when she is more likely to agree to 40 pound)