Raine 0.96.8 : sfz3mix and other stuff...

Tux

Yeah well I finally was convinced to release an update to have sfz3mix, and it was quite a lot of work for what was supposed to be just a hack... ! It's actually the biggest cps2 game so far, using a resolution higher than the original hardware and with such huge rom regions that it had to use quite a few modifications in the emulation to work. You have the links in the forum to the site's project, thanks to zero800 for that.
It also obliged me to fix some bugs in the cps2 emulation, so there should be some improvement especially related to line scroll in the background layer which sfz3mix uses a lot.

Except that ffman1985 did it again, he added a lot of console scripts, as a reminder the neogeo ones are for aes only, non arcade mode. His new scripts are for at least fatal fury special, fatal fury 2, kof94, kof95, and samsho3.

And then quite a lot of small fixes, most of them coming from the gcc sanitizer, really efficient at his work, a lot of minor stuff and some buffer overflow in the line scroll in cps1 and zoom code in the psikyosh driver (sh2). The translations were updated too, mostly the brazilian one. Thanks to mer-curious for the bug reports and the help for the translation.

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 2

Thank you so much for this new release, Tux!

Ah, you forgot to mention the 2.0 update for Samurai Shodown 2 Perfect Edition. 👍

In addition to the bug related to graphical glitches in KOF94 Team Edit edition, here's my quick feedback for this new version:

1) The "Preload IPS *.dat files" option has been moved from the game select screen to the main menu. I'm not sure why this was done, but it looks strange there. I think it fits better in the game select screen since it's an option to use with the roms, no?

Before:

lzUItI9.png

After:

ewv8T7x.png

2) SFZ3Mix works perfectly except that some graphical layers seem misaligned to the left. Check the portraits in the picture below:

7pJaJ5O.png

Now check the background in the right:

s6rP2aj.png

In the Rolento stage this causes the tanks to appear running in the black, as you see in this video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/113YlIyDmcOQK18fEjCgzgkf_U-z4Rj9p/view?usp=sharing

I also have some other issues unrelated to this version to report, but I'll wait your comments on these first so the post doesn't become too long.

Thank you so much again for your great work in this new version!

2 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Thank you so much for this new release, Tux!

Ah, you forgot to mention the 2.0 update for Samurai Shodown 2 Perfect Edition. 👍

In addition to the bug related to graphical glitches in KOF94 Team Edit edition, here's my quick feedback for this new version:

1) The "Preload IPS *.dat files" option has been moved from the game select screen to the main menu. I'm not sure why this was done, but it looks strange there. I think it fits better in the game select screen since it's an option to use with the roms, no?

2) SFZ3Mix works perfectly except that some graphical layers seem misaligned to the left. Check the portraits in the picture below:

7pJaJ5O.png

Now check the background in the right:

s6rP2aj.png

In the Rolento stage this causes the tanks to appear running in the black, as you see in this video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/113YlIyDmcOQK18fEjCgzgkf_U-z4Rj9p/view?usp=sharing

I also have some other issues unrelated to this version to report, but I'll wait your comments on these first so the post doesn't become too long.

Thank you so much again for your great work in this new version!

The quote system of the forum is broken again, no way to insert a reply properly here ! so I move the reply to your 1 here.
Anyway, it's been done because as it was the "apply ips to rom code" there was in the main menu appeared as the main way to use ips files when it was actually the 1st one and is now almost completely useless except in some very rare and specific cases. Even ffman1985 did the mistake when looking for a way to apply the patches for kof94lt, the recent clone. So the old apply ips to rom code is disabled for now, and this one becomes the main option and comes to the main menu to be more noticeable.

Yeah well I thought I had fixed all the alignment issues but I still missed a few apparently, for the portrait on the left I was not sure it was one, there is probably a fixed offset to apply to the layer here, it looks like everything is moved slightly too much to the left, annoying. I'll try to find how to reach this rolente stage to see this black area then !

ok apparently scroll2, scroll3 and the sprites should all move 16 pixels to the right, it happens in all the screens.

Scroll1 seems unaffected but it's an 8x8 layer so this might be why, all the others are at least 16x16, scroll3 32x32.