Raine 0.96.12 : the revenge of ffman1985 !

Tux

Did you notice he didn't send any script update for 0.96.11 ? It's because he was working like crazy on a huge update... !
And that's finally 16 new scripts and 5 updated ones for 0.96.12. The short names of the games handled this time :

wakuwak7, wh1, wh2, wh2j, whp, aof3, aof, aof2, doubledr, fatfutsp fatfury1, fatfury2, kabukikl, kof94, ninjamas, samsh5sp, samsho, samsho2, samsho3, samsho4, samsho5 !

Sorry I am too lazy to get the long names, you can either display the short names in the game list in raine, or pass the short game name on the command line when launching it (which is a feat in windows, I know !), or if you have nothing else, an internet search will give you the long name.

Except that I added some other fixes for the windows placement/status, and added the ability to eject the neogeo/neocd memory card in neocd options, mainly for pbobblen hack, to be able to run it without 1st dealing with the file of its memory card. Ah also fixed a big buffer overflow for 24bpp games added in previous version, but you didn't have time to notice that, did you ? ;-)

You can get this there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

(we should be able to take long holidays after that !)

EDIT : just uploaded 0.9612a with an update for the roms for samsho2pe sent by mer-curious 5 minutes after the release of 0.96.12 ! Anyway, here are the changes for this new rom which you can already get from internet archive : https://github.com/zelurker/raine/commit/f96079448381e97c4181b19b01827006e175ffeb

Hello, do you think you could make us a simple changelog, it would take you less time to write and it would be more concise for the rest of us who relay your news, thanks for this version :) 

Hey I do my best here, the total changelog is on git, but it's quite technical of course, this post here is a condensed version made to be read by non technical users, well I guess I could add a cumulative changelog file in the archive, but it would require to maintain it separately and writing docs is really not what I prefer. Now it's an open project, if someone wants to help...

• Like 1

Hello Tux! Thank you so much for this new release.

I finally had some time to make some tests and report here in the forum. Unfortunately there are still some remaining issues in the window manager. I'll list them below:

1) If you are in floating window mode and toggle full-screen mode, when you return to the desktop environment Raine window will be uncentered. Take a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QaQ2z1I3ht6dYasK_ZLuCF6y5JH9xNys/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I forgot to mention that the original window size is also lost.

2) I think this is a new issue I found: if you toggle full-screen mode by using the option in the video options the game picture will be different than using Alt+Enter. It will have bigger black bezels around the picture in right, left and above the screen. Take a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ivq0o-5zTLFK4uyIRSUpDrBXx6klPJp4/view?usp=sharing

Pay attention that during the video options menu the game picture is displayed correctly in full-screen, but then when you leave the GUI it will present those bezel issues. Interesting... 🤔

That's it for this fast report. Hopefully you will be able to fix these last issues once and for all. I also miss being able to toggle full-screen mode from a maximized window state. Maybe one day you could re-enable that feature...

Anyway, thank you so much in advance for your work. 👍

PS: I also second ffman1985's opinion on repositioning the IPS option in the main menu. That's one of the reasons why I suggested returning it to the game selection menu, since it is minimally used by the user most of the times. FBNeo also places this feature in the game selection menu. I also think it would let the main menu more organized with hiding less used options and displaying only more important functions.

Edited by mer-curious

Ok, I'll move this anywhere else. Since I use raine menu on the keyboard I don't care where the commands are, I just type the 1st characters of the command all the time.

For your windows, sorry you are the only one complaining about that, and I am done playing with this, it will remain like that until I feel like playing with these super stupid things again, or decide to remove entierly this because it clearly looks like it wasn't such a good idea to add this after all. Raine is an emulator, not a window manager !

Moved preload ips dat files just below change/load game.

Hello Tux! I feel that those remaining issues in the window manager are similar to the ones I experienced using the maximized window mode. So maybe if/when you fix them we could probably have the maximized window full-screen toggle back.

Thank you so much again for your work.