Dvd Ripping Made Easy...kinda Of...

You know how when you rip a DVD you have to encode it like 2 or 3 times and it can take 12-16 hours sometimes? I found this awsome program that lets you do an entire DVD in 2-5 hours in very high quality! Im going to upload it to my website so everyone can grab it, no worries, but i just got one minor problem

I turned on an option that makes it automatically split the files into more than one part if it goes over 700MB thinking it wouldnt anyway, well it did, and I checked the files out and if i edit out the company ads at the beginning and the credits at the end, it can fit into one file (its DivX format, but it supports other formats too) and so im wondering if anyone knows a good program where i can merge the two files together, and then clip parts of the beginning and end out while keeping it in DivX format, thanks alot in advance!!

What you need is Virtual Dub. I edit my AVIs with it all the time. I shaved the credits off of Akira one time a few months back, so I could fit it on a CD-R. With Virtual Dub, you can also degrade the audio to shrink the size, should you ever need to do that (I had to do it with my pirated copy of The Passion of Christ).

Also, if you want to edit.ASF files, you will have to get Virtual Dub 1.3, which isn't hard at all if you're in the right DC hubs.

EDIT: Also, I'd almost be willing to bet money that you're using Super DVD Ripper. I would have said EasyDivX, but it just sucks ass.

Edited by Jiggs