Some Emulatoin Help On Two Roms

Hi, i recently downloaded WinKawaks 1.46 with loader to play samurai showdown 5 and snk vs. capcome. I was able to get the roms but both games are not recognized by the emuator. Its kinda strange since other games are recgonized on it. If anyone can help me on how to get this thing started, I'll be very greatful.

Oh, also, supposedly tere's patch that comes along with the snk v. capcom. Is there a specfic way that im suppose to put it into the zip file? How do you use it? Sorry, a noob here. heh

Thanks for the help

For it to work, the game listing in asr.dat must have the same rom names as the ones in your zip file. Also, the file sizes and CRCs must match up. You can edit asr.dat in notepad as it's essentially a text file. For patches, if it's.ips, you'll need a program like Lunar IPS Patcher. You'll need to extract the proper rom from the zip file and use the program to patch the rom. You then put the patched rom back in the zip file replacing the old one. If it's an.exe (program), just run it and point it at the extracted rom. You might want to be sure you have the correct CRC for the patch, though. What program do you use for zip files? I can tell you how to check the roms' CRC with the program you use. If you're confused still, just ask and I'll try to clarify myself.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I looked at the asr.dat file and the name of the rom matches actually for samurai showdown 5. Not sure what's goig on. Your help is definitely appreciated. Any suggetion would be great for me to track. I will check back in the moring (its night time here actualyl). Thank you!

Yeah, I should be in bed and have been sleeping as its early morning here as I post. If the rom names match (also make sure the roms in zip's file names match what's listed in asr.dat), then check the file sizes and CRCs. The file sizes are listed in hex, so 8MB = 800000 & 4MB = 400000 (I think you get the trend) & 128KB = 20000. If the m or s rom is double/quadruple or half the size, just multiple or divide the number by factor of its size (i.e. if its half, divide 20000 by two).

Hey, I got it to work!!!-now both samuari showdown V and svc shows up. Apparently, I just had to change the compatibility option to windoes 98 (im running XP). Thank you very much though, for your help. If it doen't trouble you too much, could you explain to me about those hex numbers or whatever. I haven't patched anything anything yet, so i might need to know how to figure them out. And wht is a CRC exactly?????? Ha, yep, showing my noob-ness. Thanks alot again!!!

Hey, I got it to work!!!-now both samuari showdown V and svc shows up.  Apparently, I just had to change the compatibility option to windoes 98 (im running XP).  Thank you very much though, for your help.  If it doen't trouble you too much, could you explain to me about those hex numbers or whatever.  I haven't patched anything anything yet, so i might need to know how to figure them out.  And wht is a CRC exactly??????  Ha, yep, showing my noob-ness.  Thanks alot again!!!

my svc and samsho5 works fine i never had to that.

name and crc has to match before it shows up in the list also where it says System: NEO (neo must be all caps)

CRC stands for cyclic redundancy check and it's used to check if you have the "right" roms or not. If you use WinRAR for your zips, it'll show you the files CRC as one of the details. Nevermind the hex part, if you understand what I meant by the rest, there shouldn't be any problems. It's odd that you had to do the Win98 compatibility as I didn't need to do that for XP.