What Happened To The 1emu Radio Show?

N3oGhost

TIP:

Refer a ton a friends or find cheap dedicated servers......

Or go to college and steal bandwidth there :lol:

I already have the A. OK from GameCop to use his server. Only thing needed now is patience...

Anon.

Do you need full server wide access? Tell me exactly what you need.

Also..I don't think we can host illegal music files on the server. So that might be a bad idea and it will eat a ton of bandwith. If you can find something that works with only php and mysql, I can work something up. But full dedicated server access, that's another thing.

The music is streamed from our hard drives and is being relayed from a server. All your doing is giving us a relay to play the music. (You download something called a.pls file, this file will let you connect to the relay were the music is being played from. Also a pls file is what Winamp saves your Lists.)

Going here <www.shoutcast.com> would be good for starters. The Shoutcast Online Doc would help also.

Also something, as far as other file types are concerned, such as.mp4 family(MP4 is the next generation mp3), SHN, flac, MKAUD, (The Lossless file family), AAC might not stream proberly because they(the listeners) are missing the proper codec.

Leave all the legal trouble to the hosts(Me, Shiba, Anti) because its our music, not the server :D But its all cool, cuz I live in Canada. As far as illegal is concerned, your just a relay point and control nothing but the actual stream.

Edited by K`dash

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TIP:

Refer a ton a friends or find cheap dedicated servers......

Or go to college and steal bandwidth there :lol:

I already have the A. OK from GameCop to use his server. Only thing needed now is patience...

Anon.

Do you need full server wide access? Tell me exactly what you need.

Also..I don't think we can host illegal music files on the server. So that might be a bad idea and it will eat a ton of bandwith. If you can find something that works with only php and mysql, I can work something up. But full dedicated server access, that's another thing.

The music is streamed from our hard drives and is being relayed from a server. All your doing is giving us a relay to play the music. (You download something called a.pls file, this file will let you connect to the relay were the music is being played from. Also a pls file is what Winamp saves your Lists.)

Going here <www.shoutcast.com> would be good for starters. The Shoutcast Online Doc would help also.

Also something, as far as other file types are concerned, such as.mp4 family(MP4 is the next generation mp3), SHN, flac, MKAUD, (The Lossless file family), AAC might not stream proberly because they(the listeners) are missing the proper codec.

Leave all the legal trouble to the hosts, not the server :D But its all cool, cuz I live in Canada.

I don't live in Canada... but hey, I live dangerously.... :(

Anon.

NOTE: If it ever comes to it, i would probably get "Ceace and Desist" letters.

I still don't understand: will GC have to pay the costs of the extra bandwidth or is it just the DJs' bandwidths that gets used?

Both of our bandwidth is being used, we are the ones uploading the stream, hes just relaying it, like I have dynamic ip, which always changes, a relay wouldn't have that (hopefully).

Overall, the DJ's bandwidth is the one thats getting used more.

I still don't understand: will GC have to pay the costs of the extra bandwidth or is it just the DJs' bandwidths that gets used?

Both of our bandwidth is being used, we are the ones uploading the stream, hes just relaying it, like I have dynamic ip, which always changes, a relay wouldn't have that (hopefully).

How hard is it to host a relay and what is needed?

How hard is it to host a relay and what is needed?

From your part, you only need to install a couple of things on the server. That's basically it. Its all pretty simple. :lol:

Anon.

N3oGhost and I were able to get servers up using our connections, but their not good enough pre se. I'm running at 24 Kbps and can only hold 10 people.

Go to the test server thread or just click ca http://67.71.75.105:1337/index.html