Hot Question 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...time for my 2 cents...

...I personally think that the story and battle system go hand in hand...I mean...its a given that a story should be good, but who wants to play a movie? The Battle system in an RPG should fix that...and allow you to see the characters true potential, in the heat of battle...to me, thats what made me really give a sh--t about characters in RPG's, and helped the story become more enjoyable...every character had his or her own thing, and you cared just as much for those characters when fighting, as you did during events...

...Final Fantasy 7 (the game that created the chaotic inflated ego of square...but thats another story) proved that you can indeed screw this up...because the Materia system did just that. Don't get me wrong, it was a good idea, but it was used in the wrong genre...in an RPG, there shouldn't be THAT much freedom with the characters, in terms of abilities, because it ruins the importance of the characters in the storyline. If anyone can do anything, why does it matter if someone gets offed in the storyline, nothing is lost (except a limit break) because you could just as easily give what the now dead character had to someone else. Also...given the proper Materia...it was REALLY friggin' hard to die, which killed the challenge of battling...and killed any excitement in the process...

...so in my opinion, In order to have an enjoyable experience, the battle must show the characters abilities and traits just as much as the actual story should...

(note: I also wrote something new in my first "hot question" post...check it out!)

No, the best RPG is Final Fantasy; it has the best story no matter what

number. Also Diablo is just a hack&slash game which tends to become

extremely repetitive......

Axl are you trying to sound like a fanboy?

final fantasy ain't all that. X2 was like charlies angels on hash.

The Final Fantasy creators them selves said, "There is no Final Fantasy Bible." Thats why it was made. Did you actually play it and got any of the 4 endings? I think not. I only 75% of the game completed on my first try. It is impossible to get 100% on the first run playing it if your just scheming thru it. You miss out on great stuff. What I don't like about it is the leveling system. It's crap compared to the other FF's. But the battle system is perfect.

No, the best RPG is Final Fantasy; it has the best story no matter what

number. Also Diablo is just a hack&slash game which tends to become

extremely repetitive......

Axl are you trying to sound like a fanboy?

final fantasy ain't all that. X2 was like charlies angels on hash.

Hahaha...Yeah, and that why I like it. I like Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean I play just that. Original Diablo owns them all.

Diablo can't even dream of comparing to Final Fantasy, primarely cuz it's doesn't have a gameplay worthy of mentioning!!!11 Idiotick hack&slash, a little better than in samurai showdown......

Hey, the DO have quite a different style of gameplay; they can't be directly compared.

Agreed, but I meant that Diablo is realtime hack&slash while Final

is turn-based but even so, Diablo does not have as much spectacularity

and battle options it only has 3 skill trees for each class while Final Fantasy has jobs, espers(6), junctions(:huh:, materia(7) and so on