Weapons Of Mass Destruction Found In Iraq?

Alpha

There are rules of engagement. There are international wartime laws. There are conventions and protocols, and guarantee that never ONCE on any of these documents do they say that bombing hospitals is okay. But of course, that doesn't matter to the US because they refuse to follow any laws with their war-fighting at all - not even the Geneva Protocol...meaning they can, and as we have seen, do torture POWs. Well, there have been wars throughout history, but civilized people, as opposed to people with merely a (prone to mistakes, as we saw time and time again) technological advantage, DON'T BOMB HOSPITALS!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't think the axis or allied bombed hospitals?

the koreans and viatnamise never bombed or sabataged us medcal facilities or convoys? in a perfect world no. if you wanna dream that honorable "civilized" (your condesending tone is not lost on me) countries won't kill civilians or bomb hospital. so be it. but it happens. and has for 100s of years.

...I know it's happened, but at least the 'allieds' and the 'axis' had international laws to abide by - meaning that if someone bombed a hospital, there was at least a chance of them being punished. And that means that there were at least guidelines in place for not torturing POWs. Unlike the American army for both counts.

NEWS FLASH!!!

every army tortures POWs!!!! don't belive it. find a pow from any war on any side and ask em. no one said it was right. it just is. we all undersand your hatrid for the USA. you spread it across 2 threads like butter. whateva. but to say "you americans blah blah blah" and not think the rest of the worlds army's including the aussies in iraq have not and would not do the same is just f*cking stupid.

Bullshit. I have no love for my army, but there's no way in hell they'd strip prisoners naked and put them in sexual poses then take photographs of them. There's no way in the world they would put a bag over someone's head for over 72 hours. And like you should understand by now, I don't hate America,I don't hate Americans (I don't hate any of you guys), I hate the American government and army, i hate American imperialism and the fact that the government is trying to raise an empire, and I hate this war.

PS If you think the things I say about bush and his government is bad, you should hear what I say about our prime minister and his cronies!

Edited by random guy

but there's no way in hell they'd strip prisoners naked and put them in sexual poses then take photographs of them

why not? are they perfect? an army is made up of individuls, and a good pecentage of the people the military attracts are the testosterone fueled bullies, who would do such things. if the austrailian army is free of opertunistic bullies. good for you guys! but I don't buy it.

and the USA isn't trying to raise an empire. if that were the case it would make much more sense to take bordering countries and grow outwards a US state halfway across the world in a god forsaken desert doesn't make sense. and would never be safe.

Is the US trying to secure it's influance in the middle east? Of course it is.

edit in: i've got a plane to catch, i'll talk to you guys when i get to AZ. hopefully by then all this political stuff is out of your systems :P

@ random: no hard feelings mate. just lively debate. B)

Edited by garageink

Sarin gas keeps my sinuses clear. Anyway, I wish you two would at least argue about the topic at hand here.

Well, at least the Americans found something, instead of whole lot of nothing like before.

but there's no way in hell they'd strip prisoners naked and put them in sexual poses then take photographs of them

why not? are they perfect? an army is made up of individuls, and a good pecentage of the people the military attracts are the testosterone fueled bullies, who would do such things. if the austrailian army is free of opertunistic bullies. good for you guys! but I don't buy it.

and the USA isn't trying to raise an empire. if that were the case it would make much more sense to take bordering countries and grow outwards a US state halfway across the world in a god forsaken desert doesn't make sense. and would never be safe.

edit in: i've got a plane to catch, i'll talk to you guys when i get to AZ. hopefully by then all this political stuff is out of your systems :P

@ random: no hard feelings mate. just lively debate. :(

Of course, that's what Ive been trying to say all along!

But it makes perfect sense for America to choose Iraq as the first country to start its empire building. For two reasons - one, as I already mentioned in that other thread, the world's running out of oil, and the Middle East has 3 times the oil the west does. And two, due to the current political climate, Muslims are in very low favour with the common American right now, so the Bush administration probably assumed that people wouldn't kick up much fuss if an Islamic country was invaded.

PS and the orders to torture the prisoners came from the top teir of Government, so it makes no difference which 'individuals' armies are made up of.

PPS enjoy your trip! B)

Edited by random guy

@ random: no hard feelings mate. just lively debate. B)

The empire thing reminded me of a story (this is an analogy, by the way):

There were two ships out as sea; one was a pirate ship, the other a Roman ship. The Roman ship encounters the pirate ship taking a couple of boats of their treasures. The Romans immidiately try to stop the pirate ship. The pirate ship then tells the Roman ship, "When we steal, its called a crime. When you steal its called 'advancing the Empire.' Is it beause the size of our ship that we cannot 'advance?'

Anon.

@ random: no hard feelings mate. just lively debate. :(

The empire thing reminded me of a story (this is an analogy, by the way):

There were two ships out as sea; one was a pirate ship, the other a Roman ship. The Roman ship encounters the pirate ship taking a couple of boats of their treasures. The Romans immidiately try to stop the pirate ship. The pirate ship then tells the Roman ship, "When we steal, its called a crime. When you steal its called 'advancing the Empire.' Is it beause the size of our ship that we cannot 'advance?'

Anon.

It's not the size of the ship that counts, it's how you use it. B)

But bombing hospitals is just wrong. Especially if I'm going to be in that hospital, just wait till I leave and then drop those damn bombs! But seriously, to bomb a hospital for any reason is like bombing the Red Cross. Civilized nations shouldn't do it but those dirty subhuman terrorists will. I saw a PBS special on the US mobile hospitals (I think it was Frontline) and they showed the state of Iraqi hospitals which was just terrible. They were overcrowded, understaffed, and without enough medicine or supplies. The Iraqi doctors had to go to the Army mobile hospitals to get supplies sometimes. It's just terrible that a country cannot help its citizens who are being hurt by the invading force. But most of this is also not the Army's fault, but the embargos placed on Iraq.