Hot Question 10 (special!)

...A while back at Game Crazy...I was talking with some of the guys that worked there...we were talking about consoles, and game companies and whatnot...and this came out my mouth...

"Square should just make their own console and see what happens then!"

...what do you think would happen to the gaming industry if Square made their own console?

Nothing since Square-Enix would never be a consolemaker; in reality or in fantasies.

But if you really want an answer, I'd say that all Final Fantasies would go exclusive right at that moment.

Edited by Agozer

that doesnt sound like a good idea.. if they did that the final fantasy series would become exclusive to it, no question! which is crazy.. and i dont think another new console is nesacery at the moment :P

Edited by Ash_crimson

Square can't never be a console maker.

His library of games is too few.

Unless Sony support them, which is unlikely.

sony-square-enix ?? :P never happen. sony dont need them they need sony! i think sony would have to buy square-enix for them to work so exclusively.

Final Fantasys would be the main support for the system. Over with mindless cheap ports to other consoles. Their main series is exclusive to Sony (for now at least) and their others (one's that have a sub title[Crystal Chronicals/Tactics are good examples] are exlcusive to other systems. S-E is worth alot of money(a shizzle load), their just one of the main supports of the PlayStation. Sony would be stupid to make a buy them out since it would take a hard blow to all their divisions(electronic and other wise).

Final Fantasys would be the main support for the system. Over with mindless cheap ports to other consoles. Their main series is exclusive to Sony (for now at least) and their others (one's that have a sub title[Crystal Chronicals/Tactics are good examples] are exlcusive to other systems. S-E is worth alot of money(a shizzle load), their just one of the main supports of the PlayStation. Sony would be stupid to make a buy them out since it would take a hard blow to all their divisions(electronic and other wise).

Yeah, but Sony did buy Columbia Pictures :P

They really shouldn't. They would feel an obligation to make games that aren't too good a quality just for their system. Its better for them just to concentrate on their games without anything else to worry about :P

I don't think its a good idea because it would dilute the market and totally flock Sony. I'm sure that the FF series is the highest selling series for the PS and a good reason why its so popular. Perhaps the Square-Enix console could compete head to head with the Phantom Gaming Service. :P