Mcdonald's Offering Dvd's For $1 Per Day Soon

Alpha

DENVER - Customers soon will be able to rent DVDs at McDonald's restaurants across metropolitan Denver.

Under a pilot program, the Oak Brook, Ill.-based fast-food giant is setting up DVD rental machines in 104 restaurants in the Denver area. Similar to a vending machine, a customer will rent the DVD for $1 a day plus tax, using a credit card for payment.

The Redbox machines, each holding up to 350 DVDs, will be in operation 24 hours a day. New DVD releases will be added every Tuesday, McDonald's officials said.

About two dozen machines have been installed, with the rest scheduled to be in operation by the end of June, McDonald's spokeswoman Carolyn Gust said.

The rental machines initially were introduced on a limited basis in Washington, D.C., and Las Vegas, where they have been successful, Gust said.

The Denver test will be the first across a metropolitan area. "Denver has been a great market for us to test new ideas," Gust said.

McDonald's really want's people to eat their crap. First free wireless internet, now this, what's next? :)

DENVER - Customers soon will be able to rent DVDs at McDonald's restaurants across metropolitan Denver.

Under a pilot program, the Oak Brook, Ill.-based fast-food giant is setting up DVD rental machines in 104 restaurants in the Denver area. Similar to a vending machine, a customer will rent the DVD for $1 a day plus tax, using a credit card for payment.

The Redbox machines, each holding up to 350 DVDs, will be in operation 24 hours a day. New DVD releases will be added every Tuesday, McDonald's officials said.

About two dozen machines have been installed, with the rest scheduled to be in operation by the end of June, McDonald's spokeswoman Carolyn Gust said.

The rental machines initially were introduced on a limited basis in Washington, D.C., and Las Vegas, where they have been successful, Gust said.

The Denver test will be the first across a metropolitan area. "Denver has been a great market for us to test new ideas," Gust said.

McDonald's really want's people to eat their crap. First free wireless internet, now this, what's next? :)

dont forget the new adult healthy happy meals!! mcdonald's blow....cept for breakfast =D

Well I can't wait to see what movies they will offer. Pulp Fiction perhaps for the impressionable 10 year old fat flock that wants a happy meal. Or how about Ichii the Killer? Wouldn't that be a great! :)

Edited by GryphonKlaw

All I can say is, those DVD's will be really greasy, I am not sure if I want to even put any of them in my DVD player. *see's kids put all their greasy fingers on the backs of the dvd's* :)

Oak Brook?

Holy crap I live near there. I'll check that Mcdownloads Out soon.

I'm still young so my metabolism is still really really good. :)

I'll just get fries I guess. Meh!

All I can say is, those DVD's will be really greasy, I am not sure if I want to even put any of them in my DVD player. *see's kids put all their greasy fingers on the backs of the dvd's* :)

And the smell of old fries when you open the dvd box... *berk* :D

My question...how do they expect that people will return the DVDs on time, or for that matter at all? Unless they're using the exploding DVDs we all had a giggle about a month or so ago.