Cds And Dvds Not So Immortal After All

Alpha

It's happened to me numerous amount of times. It's happened to me the most with the CD-R's from PNY Technologies. Basically what happens is that the laser area of the disc start's pealing off. Before you know it, you can see through little spots on the cd which makes it no longer readable. :P

You can read the article about it @ This Link!

yeah i get those a lot too. i even got one when its not even peel, i see like rings of dis-colored spots on my cd. like, the laser part of the cd was fading away....i ono, kinda sucks...it was a good mix

Meh. x2

I knew this would happen.

I got some 3 year old CDrs that are pratically dead

(haha you can't delete now)

Edited by K`dash

the 3 brands I trust are as follows

1) TDK

2) memorex

3) Imitation

the brand that you should never trust no matter how cheap is SONY...that's right, SONY, I memmer I bought a spindle with about 100cdrs and about 30 of them were bad cd's that I had no choice but to snap(which was way too easy to do compared to TDK)

i use GQ, and apparently it sucks

Gentleman's Quarterly CDs?! :P

But I had that problem with these ultra cheap CDs that I bought and burned all my movies on. :P I have old Memorex CDs from 4 years ago that work just fine but those new ones messed up in less than half a year.

Mation CDr/rws are pretty good, better then any of the big media stuff. they last longer too.