I Am At Work

Well I am at work again and my understudy (I like to call him my understudy because it makes me sound important) just came in with a stupid grin on his face. You're in a biology lab!! What the hell is there grin about?!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am at work again and my understudy (I like to call him my understudy because it makes me sound important) just came in with a stupid grin on his face. You're in a biology lab!! What the hell is there grin about?!

he must take pide in being your "understudy", well that or he just got laid, but I think it's cuz he's your understudy.

he must take pide in being your "understudy", well that or he just got laid, but I think it's cuz he's your understudy.

HA!! I don't think we know each others names. His name starts with an M, that's for sure. But just a little while ago I used him as a shield. We had to fill some DI water into the jug but in order to get to the DI water dispenser we had to go through a class where a teacher was teaching. So I told him to go first and open the door while I rolled the cart in. Muahahaha!

HA!! I don't think we know each others names. His name starts with an M, that's for sure. But just a little while ago I used him as a shield. We had to fill some DI water into the jug but in order to get to the DI water dispenser we had to go through a class where a teacher was teaching. So I told him to go first and open the door while I rolled the cart in. Muahahaha!

LOL! I dont get it! :lol:

Somekind of twisted lab humor apparently...

Allow me to explain for I have a few moments of rest as my understudy is standardizing the pH meter.

In all labs the water used is de-ionized water, or DI water, which is basically perfect water with no pollutants, no ions, no nothing, just H2O. But the massive jug we use was bone dry so we needed to refill it. The refilling area is in another part of the building and inside a lab where it seems a class was going on which is very rare in that lab. It's mostly there just for research. And the teacher teaching the class was the head of the biology department. You see undergraduate school is not about learning anything, rather it is the quest to get shining recommendation letters and maintaining a 4.0 while being actively involved in extracurriculars. Learning has no place in the schedule of a med school (or most graduate school) candidate. So I don't want to interrupt her class and make her think that I am rude individual, so I sent my understudy in first so if anything would happen, he would get the blame. Luckily nothing happened and I got an affirmitive nod from the professor so I was happy. And that biatch just came in the lab to congratulate me on doing research over the summer (I really had no choice) so I just faked a smile and said "Ah yes, I just love doing this."

College sucks...

Allow me to explain for I have a few moments of rest as my understudy is standardizing the pH meter.

In all labs the water used is de-ionized water, or DI water, which is basically perfect water with no pollutants, no ions, no nothing, just H2O. But the massive jug we use was bone dry so we needed to refill it. The refilling area is in another part of the building and inside a lab where it seems a class was going on which is very rare in that lab. It's mostly there just for research. And the teacher teaching the class was the head of the biology department. You see undergraduate school is not about learning anything, rather it is the quest to get shining recommendation letters and maintaining a 4.0 while being actively involved in extracurriculars. Learning has no place in the schedule of a med school (or most graduate school) candidate. So I don't want to interrupt her class and make her think that I am rude individual, so I sent my understudy in first so if anything would happen, he would get the blame. Luckily nothing happened and I got an affirmitive nod from the professor so I was happy. And that biatch just came in the lab to congratulate me on doing research over the summer (I really had no choice) so I just faked a smile and said "Ah yes, I just love doing this."

College sucks...

Sounds fun.

So whats is it and with frying the soil? Why are you always messing with it?

Sounds fun.

Oh yes, massive amounts of fun. :lol:

I'm not frying the soil, I'm just mixing it with DI water and running several tests on it to find the amount of certain nutrients (NO3, NO2, NH3, P) and its pH. This project deals with trying to find the trends of those nutrients over a several month period for different plots of sugarcane farm soil which were treated with several different types of fertilizer. Basically we're trying to find which new fertilizer does the best in these conditions.

Sounds fun.

Oh yes, massive amounts of fun. :-D

I'm not frying the soil, I'm just mixing it with DI water and running several tests on it to find the amount of certain nutrients (NO3, NO2, NH3, P) and its pH. This project deals with trying to find the trends of those nutrients over a several month period for different plots of sugarcane farm soil which were treated with several different types of fertilizer. Basically we're trying to find which new fertilizer does the best in these conditions.

Damn, I thought when testing ferterlizer the results were which sugar cane tasted better or gave you more sugar, science isn't everything.

Sounds fun.

Oh yes, massive amounts of fun. :-D

Damn, I thought when testing ferterlizer the results were which sugar cane tasted better or gave you more sugar, science isn't everything.

Well we are just testing the soil to check for nutrient content. Our job isn't to see which one makes it taste the best. After each sugarcane harvest the soil is really depleted so we are trying to find the best fertilizer to replenish it and keep the soil as fertile as possible because once soil gets super de-nitrified, it is very hard to fix it.