Bloodrayne Movie Thingys And Stuff..

Browsing around Bloodrayne.co.uk

June 04, 2004 - An unnamed source close to the production of BloodRayne has contacted IGN FilmForce with some scoop regarding the forthcoming game-to-film adaptation.

The movie version of BloodRayne is being directed by Uwe Boll (House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark) and written by Guin Turner (American Psycho). According to our sources, the film will get underway soon, with shooting set to start on August 20.

BloodRayne, in case you aren't hip to that scene, follows a sexy vampiress agent who takes on a dangerous group that's trying to unite three parts of an ancient talisman that will give them the power to control the world. As she fights, BloodRayne must consume the blood of her victims to sustain her life and increase her power.

With the film getting rolling in a couple of months, we should be getting the official word on casting soon. In the meantime, our source has tossed out a few names being considered by filmmakers. They are Keira Knightly, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Natalie Portman and Kristanna Lokken. Yes, some of those are longshots, but this is simply a wishlist. Biel and Alba seem within the realm of possibility and would also, from a purist standpoint, fill out the costume most like the character in the game.

Director Boll is also moving ahead with a film version of Ubisoft's Far Cry, which is being written by Alone in the Dark scribes Michael Rösch and Peter Scheerer. We recently learned that the filmmakers are interested in casting Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Naomi Watts for the lead roles, but as far as we know the actors haven't been officially approached.

Well, it's from ign(meh). I think Jessica Biel would be a nice Bloodrayne. Oh well. I hope they get someone good.

And something on the new Blade movie thats in the making, apparently everyone at the test screenings liked it ;) I'm off for another adventure for something *wants more bootlegs of stuff*

I wouldn't mind any of those actresses playing Rayne, except for Natalie Portman, because I never have found her attractive. I would go for Kristanna Lokken, because I think she is hot, and they didn't play up her "hot factor" in Terminator 3 enough. This is the perfect movie for her to show off her, er, assetts.

I hope they integrate the WW2, killing psycho and mutated Nazis theme in it, because I thought that was a key part of the game's fun factor. The storyline for the movie doesn't sound very good, though - 3 parts of a talisman? Sounds so cheap, so Tomb Raider.

House of the Dead was a terrible movie, hopefully they can do something abit better with BloodRayne?

House of the Dead was a terrible movie, hopefully they can do something abit better with BloodRayne?

I haven't even seen House of the Dead yet. :unsure:

@Mr. G: Damn, you stole my line; Jessica Alba would be teh hotz in the movie.

Alba has the build for BloodRayne, but she doesn't have the skintone needed >:E

Alba has the build for BloodRayne, but she doesn't have the skintone needed >:E

Kind of like how Halle Barry doesn't have the skin tone for Catwoman. They'll bend the rules to the max if they have to just to have an uber sexy chick fit into the costume.

damn you G!!! you steal my posts constantly!!

heh, well not constantly, but that WAS what i was going to say

but yeah, hollywood does weird things to its actors

Hehe, early bird (forum troll) catches the worm. :-D

damn you G!!! you steal my posts constantly!!

heh, well not constantly, but that WAS what i was going to say

but yeah, hollywood does weird things to its actors

Hehe, early bird (forum troll) catches the worm. :-D

I think you used the word troll slightly off tangent. You are no troll, at least not always. :unsure: