Burning A Gigabyte

ive read in some other forums that some had burned dreamcast games intact.by using the new burners that uses plextors giga rec(1.2 gb) or hd burn(1.4 gb)(something like that).and i ve read some rumors thats packet cd itself can burn a giga byte on a regular cd-r.but i heard that it has 2 probs even though u burn the games intact with out downsampling they are not self boot(small price to pay if u ask me.)second they burn at 4x with out underun.and maybe a third u have to dump the game using dc coders cable(hours to finish)or speedy bba to pc.but only some drive who were made by the company who invented the giga rec technology can read it.but on the brights side it expands a cheap 80 min 700mb to gd rom like standards 112 min 1.2-1.4 gb.

Edited by double99

The overburn process depends on the media and the drive. Although it is possible to burn over 700 Megs, the chances of it succeeding is very low.

i think it would be better to come up with a 1 gb cd-r but i dont think it would be compatible with all burners.

They do sell gd-r cds, you can find them on ebay, what burners support them , I dont know. It be better if the burners supported the media not the media support the burner.

Definitively yes; Dreamcast gd-reader can read up 120 min without probs. Gigarec function works perfectly with mine; the only problem is that making self-bootable games is not possible, because of writing method in DAO method and not multisession, using TAO mode
had games in 99 min that were used with utopia boot cd; before I bought the plex premium. guess gigarec arrived a little late, it could have been used by the ripping groups that released the DC images back in the days, i dont have a BB adapter so the only way i can rip them is with a chainsaw
Edited by double99

iam thinking of ripping my games and i found a dc coders cable for 25 bucks and a bba for 125 bucks.dc coders cable is cheaper but slower plus i could use the net with bba.but before i make a choice i want to know if the codes cable is good for any things else besides game dumping and demo testing.also i wanna if japanese bba work on american dc's

Edited by double99