Mortal Kombat To Plug Into Tv Games

Alpha

The arcade classic will be available as a Jakks plug-and-play product for the holidays.

Jakks Pacific announced that it is planning to release the arcade version of Mortal Kombat as a plug-and-play TV Games device. Of special interest to fans of the classic fighter, the controller for Mortal Kombat will be an exact replica of the original Mortal Kombat arcade panel. The device will be available in October for about $20.

Each TV Games product is a stand-alone device that contains all the hardware and software needed to play the game in the battery-powered controller. Players simply plug the controller into the A/V jacks of their TV and begin playing.

Also included in its holiday lineup are Spider-Man and World Poker Tour games. Currently available TV Games titles include Ms. Pac-Man and an Atari package. More information about the product line is available at the Jakks TV Games Web site.

By Benjamin Golze -- GameSpot

POSTED: 07/01/04 04:41 PM PST

I think this is a great idea, I'm definately going to look forward to the release of this item. Especially the arcade panel, this is going to be very interesting. :mellow:

sounds great but i kinda wish it would give you better connect options other then just a/v jacks

i just notice that it comes out around the time the new midway treasure disc comes out which will have mk1-3 (october 12th)

Edited by Prican25