Updates of Neowave/MI/Other Sheit

Neowave has some new changes, Beni has an Air throw now from telling from the vids. Pictures also avalible for viewing.

If your lazy to read thru the text @ Insert Credit:

The PS2 version of The King of Fighters 2003 was on display. It was... prettier. None of the original arcade levels seemed to be present anymore (although they might well be in there somewhere, in some form). In their place were a handful of really well-done new high-res 3D backdrops. These are far better than the backgrounds in the Dreamcast ports of KOF'98 and '99; the rendering blends in so naturally that at first I failed to recognize that they were polygonal. Even Brandon came away impressed, and normally this kind of alteration bothers him. Offhand, the level which made the deepest impression on me depicts a field of pillars, not unlike totem poles; these structures slowly rise from, and sink into, the ground as the fighting goes on before them.

The palette is vibrant, in the levels I saw. The lighting is appropriate. There is far more activity than in the original bitmap backdrops. In general, the alterations succeed in making the game feel more alive; less washed-out, both visually and psychologically. The energy level feels higher now, and the game generally feels more finished. As much as I enjoy 2003 as a game, to me it has always felt a little drab on the surface -- which seems counter to what the game wants to accomplish, with its faster combat, its breezy graphic design, its revitalized plot, and its unconventional roster (including a bunch of new, pretty characters). With this makeover, the game's statement feels somewhat more complete and successful. The game seems more like the game that it wants to be.