SSZS recall is true!

Wizard

Link here(japanese)

So, the new version of the neogeo cardrige that shipped has no bugs (yet?) and the zetsumei back (while the cutting in two of the bodies is still censored. Yes, it's stupid).

AND, there is no plans to release SS0S to any platform beside this (still cut) NeoGeo port.

Sorry, Imoya. Farewell.

So yeah, it is true, the Zetsumei is back in (yay!) but you can't have the death animations(cutting in half, heads blowing off, only feet are left etc. death anims)

Well that still blows. I want the death animations!

Me too, I wanna hold Rimururu's head high.

Link here(japanese)

So, the new version of the neogeo cardrige that shipped has no bugs (yet?) and the zetsumei back (while the cutting in two of the bodies is still censored. Yes, it's stupid).

AND, there is no plans to release SS0S to any platform beside this (still cut) NeoGeo port.

Sorry, Imoya. Farewell.

So yeah, it is true, the Zetsumei is back in (yay!) but you can't have the death animations(cutting in half, heads blowing off, only feet are left etc. death anims)

I think I wrote this earlier in another thread...

The more obvious reason for the recall is the numerous bugs contained in the AES version where the game would freeze when certain moves were executed and numerous other types of bugs.

The death animation is replaced with the flash of light of the Issen move(BCD), and SNKP said that they have no intention of changing the violence level or even having that option available.

The death animation for the zetsumei Ogi is oblivious in the cartridge, I heard...

The Phantom,Jul 25 2004, 12:11 AM]

Link here(japanese)

Sorry, Imoya. Farewell.

I think I wrote this earlier in another thread...

The more obvious reason for the recall is the numerous bugs contained in the AES version where the game would freeze when certain moves were executed and numerous other types of bugs.

The death animation is replaced with the flash of light of the Issen move(BCD), and SNKP said that they have no intention of changing the violence level or even having that option available.

The death animation for the zetsumei Ogi is oblivious in the cartridge, I heard...

Locked heavily I would assume since thats why they did before the recall.

from gamespot.com

Samurai Shodown V Special recalled in Japan

SNK recalls the home console edition of its fighting game to fix bugs and fatality moves.

TOKYO--SNK Playmore is recalling the NeoGeo home console edition of Samurai Shodown V Special (known as Samurai Shodown Zero Special in Japan) after receiving customer reports that the game has a number of bugs. Most of the issues are reported in the practice mode and include such odd occurrences as abnormal damage rates and game hang-ups when certain attacks are executed. The company will begin accepting ROM cartridges of the fighting game starting today, and it will return the fixed games to consumers next month.

Along with the bug fixes, SNK will also bring back the fatality attacks in Samurai Shodown V Special that were present in the arcade but cut from the home edition. Hardcore NeoGeo fans who had always expected the home console edition to play exactly as the arcade original began protesting the omission, which they only discovered after purchasing the 41,790 yen ($379) cartridge.

"We deeply apologize that we could not meet up to our customers' expectations on our last game release for the NeoGeo," stated SNK in a press release. "We will continue to treasure the voices of our customers and do our best to satisfy our users. Thank you for your support."

sounds like good news :blink:

As long as the MVS is still uncensored, I'm happy. It's not like I have enough money to buy the AVS cartrage anyways, let alone the system (Though I would like it own one (I'd rather own a Neo-25 Candy Cab, but that's even more expensive)).

The MVS version has been uncensored since it's release in April of this year.