Democratic National Convention *UPDATE*

i'm not going to bump the last thread, but for the first half of this story, check my thread (i'm getting script errors so i won't link) that's on the Current Affairs Forum, page 2.

It's wednesday morning here at the Democratic National Convention in Boston and after being unable to go and actually see the speeches by Bill and Hillary Clinton (Monday) or Illinois Senate candidate Barack Obama (Tuesday) today i'm heading out to the Boston waterfront to hear John Kerry himself as he arrives in the city. My conference got us all backstage passes to the speech and we may get to meet the man himself...ill try and upload pics later.

I SAW THE BACK OF BILL CLINTON'S HEAD YESTERDAY! He was doing a book signing and people were so psyched that the line to see him stretched around an entire courtyard. Of the Boston Prudential Center. Twice. Wait to see Bill was estimated at 6-7 hours, but i did get a look at his head. On Sunday night a swank party was held featuring such political heavyweights as Ben Affleck (barf) which i couldn't attend but in an act of randomness i couldn't fathom several WWE wrestlers (WWE is the American professional wrestling "league") showed up at a conference given by Democratic strategist James Carville. The mind boggles.

Several protests too - the Falun Gong, right-wing fundamentalists, and plain nutcases all turned out for the DNC. Most disturbing were three trucks covered with pictures of aborted fetuses that drove through the city center on Tuesday. others used their religious faith as a way to knock kerry, saying gay marraige would cause America to become a huge pit of fire and brimstone...(yeah right). i managed to steer clear of these idiots, but one of my fellow conference-goers was removed from a q&a with campaign manager Donna Brazille for arguing with her, and a fight nearly broke out between normal Democrats and psychotic Lyndon LaRouche supporters at the aforementioned Carville conference.

And that's all for now... i hope people are still reading this. more stories and pics as they become available.