Doom 3 for Xbox in 2005?

Alpha

Speaking to the press at QuakeCon last week, id CEO Todd Hollenshead hinted that Doom 3 for Xbox could be pushed back to 2005, citing the need to tweak the console version.

"[Doom 3 release] is still up in the air," said Hollenshead, adding that while a 2004 release was possible, that the "focus is on gameplay."

"Doom 3 is a game that on the PC is very finely tuned," he continued. "There was a lot of play balancing. The stuff that was supposed to be tense resulted in a lot of tension for players. The stuff that was supposed to be scary makes people crap their pants. We want the Xbox version to be just as good."

Despite the ambiguous comments, retailers and publisher Activision still seem to be pointing to a 2004 launch.

In other news, Hollenshead confirmed that the company is working on a new franchise unrelated to Doom, and that the Doom movie is still a go. WWE star The Rock will not star in the long-delayed motion picture, and the shooting will begin in Prague in fall, with the script already finished and pre-production underway. "I have never been more confident that there will be a Doom movie in the next 18 months," he added. One can only hope it doesn't go the way of other ill-fated B-grade video game movies such as Street Fighter and Tomb Raider.

News by: Funky Zealot

Posted: 8/16/2004

Credits: http://gamespot.com

Wow, this is great news. It'll definately be XBOX Live compatible as well. :D

Shibathedog gave me the link to this picture. I think this picture says everything.  :D

doom3comparison.jpg

well...it is a console version. Plus it's not like you can add ram to xbox

Screenshots are worthless. They always are distorted in some way. It never accurately portrays how a game looks. Check the Ninja Gaiden shots before it was released if you want to varify my claim.

Anon.

Who cares about the stupid X-BOX

i'll just play it on the PC :D