Thrash

AD&D2.0/D&D3.5 = Shadowrun2.0 > That.

Exalted > AD&D2.0/D&D3.5 = Shadowrun2.0

Hehehe.. Seriously, if you're a pen and paper fan, give White Wolf's Exalted a shot. It's not all moody or thematically restricted like their World of Darkness stuff. Nor is it a number-stacking dungeon-hack, if you're looking for that go to D&D 3.5.

This Thrash thing could be interesting, and what the heck, it's free. Ima check out the rules.

They all use the open d20 system, so it's practically all the same.

Exalted actually doesn't use the D20 system. It uses an updated, and much nicer, version of their old D10 based "dots" system.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, Old school!

I assume you mean that in a good way. :lol:

D20 was fun for a while, but it turned into a stale game of statistics after a while, so I like the "dots" thing again.

Both ways.

But yeah, I was born into the whole d20 system when I was about 10 :)

Ahhh, Old school!

I assume you mean that in a good way. :lol:

D20 was fun for a while, but it turned into a stale game of statistics after a while, so I like the "dots" thing again.

Both ways.

But yeah, I was born into the whole d20 system when I was about 10 :)

I assume you're older than about 14, so you must mean AD&D (2nd) and things of that era. While I found that stuff more complicated, it felt a little more "disguised" as a mathematical system. In D&D 3rd (and 3.5), the numbers of everything (especially stuff like skills) seem to steal the show, almost every cool ability boils down to a modifier in very few steps. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, I was just hankering for something more role-play-ey.

Exalted provides that by making things feel more abstract again. There's a little more structure to it than there was with Mage, Werewolf, etc, but it's not as number-crunchy as the new "D20" system.

I'm 16.

But yeah, I like AD&D2.0 more then the current versions of D&D, I donno, maybe it's because i've been using ad&d d20 for 6 years and rarely of the other stuff.

I was looking into playing D20 Modern, but never got into it.  I was also looking into BESM but never found it.  Though I found a cool Lain sourcebook for it.

I never even saw BESM, but I found the Lain sourcebook at a "we don't support other companies anymore" sale at a Wizards of the Coast store and picked it up for like five bucks. It's a good read ifyou like the series.

I was looking into playing D20 Modern, but never got into it.  I was also looking into BESM but never found it.  Though I found a cool Lain sourcebook for it.

I never even saw BESM, but I found the Lain sourcebook at a "we don't support other companies anymore" sale at a Wizards of the Coast store and picked it up for like five bucks. It's a good read ifyou like the series.

The Wizards of The Coast store at the Mall of America (what a lame ass name) went out of business! I was like WTF?! Now the only real reason to go there is to eat at Long John Silvers...