BSTwo - Why It's BS if your replacing your PS2

Wizard

Over here they show off 2 new test models, both of them are pretty close to final. We all know you need to buy a new Mulititap for those 4 player games, but now, what if your upgrading from your (Assuming dead) PS2 to a PSTwo? Not only that, your controllers still work, but these new PSTwo units require a different type of memory card(or once I get the unit, i shall find a way to mod my current memory cards so it can work on the PStwo)! I kid you not. You need to purchuse a new memory card. As the older PS2 cards, DON'T FIT!

Theres is also a concern that these new PSTwo memory cards won't be backward compatible. So PS2 owners are royally fscked by Sony.

Take alook at the pics in the link.

Edited by K`dash

New Memory Cards = Not cool.

If they were going to screw current memory card owners, they should have just gone full-bore and eliminated the slots altogether, opting for the integrated harddrive (and whatever it would take to emulate that as a giant memory card) instead. They could make their money on a USB adapter for old cards. Wait, that might still be in the plan. :\

That review pointed out another important flaw, which is that the flip-top drive, while not inherently annoying, pretty much eliminates half the advantage of such a tiny device. What's the point of making it 2.8cm thick when you still need a good 5 or 6 inches of clearance to swap a game?

Meh, I Wouldn't Mind, The Only Console I Have Is A Nes, So When Will It Be In America And How Much?

EDIT: Wow 8.6 Volts

Edited by 666Ghost