KOF:MI

well i couldnt search for the old threads for some reason, so i hope u guys are okay with me making a new one...

so, i picked up a copy of KOF:MI (ps2) for the US version...though Japanese version wouldve been better for me, but im gettin tired of using the swap magic.

anyways, i love it. i totally love it, and besides 97,2002, and 2003, this is also has become a good favorite. the graphics are beautiful, and the special effects from the special moves blend in very nicely. the pace is faster than normal, so this could be a flaw for all you hardcore KOF'ers who are used to the traditional steady pace. im tellin u, this game is FAST. i love the fact that i can totally feel the old 2d-ness in this new 3d format. another plus is that its not your typical 3d game. not only does it has its old KOF feeling when it comes to executing the special moves and all, but it also has its own combo system (tekken-ish). ive yet to look into the combo system more deeply since i jus got it like an hour ago. soundtrack is very kool. it gives me a Guilty Gear kind of feeling. also, i really like the 3 on 3 mode u can do.so its not all 1 on 1. all and all, the game is a great buy. a fresh new look on a possible maximum impact franchise.

one thing i totally despise is the English voice overs. omg, its like a bad anime. the fighters are way too verbal. I mean, terry sounds like Cyclops from Capcom. anyways, i dont know, i read that u can change the voices from english to jap and vice versa...like soul calibur 2. anyone got any info on this????? i cant seem to find that option in this US release. if theres one thing about this US release that i can hate, its the voice overs. terrible.

o yeah i got the collectors edition and it came with a behind the scenes dvd. ive yet to look into that as well. but yay :)

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

I am also very interested in this game. A close friend of mine that imported it a while ago said that the game has HUGE balance issues; like you can hit someone with a standing super while the opponent is still lying on the ground. But I shall see for myself.

When I played it at E3, it was really bad about ground hits. You could hit a grounded player with a wide variety of moves that you probably shouldn't have been able to. I'm hoping it isn't that bad in the actual release, but I'll get to play it later this week to find out.